Today was bittersweet, to say the least. I’m struggling with how to process it to be honest. I have this darling friend and beloved co-worker and today was her last day.
I’m sitting in this space where I’m so heartbroken at what I’m losing and so overjoyed at what I’ll never lose. It’s this incredible sadness tempered by incredible gratitude. Vacillating between the two is exhausting, but I feel like it’s important to acknowledge both feelings.
There are a few nuggets and lessons that I’ve learned from this dear gal though. I want to make sure I don’t lose them in the process of moving forward.
- A smile or a laugh go a long way!
- Never underestimate the power of a good joke.
- Nor a good photo opp!
- Believe in the potential
- Never settle for comfortable if growth is an option
- Always be grateful for comfort (& cupcakes)
- Dresses, tights and boots are always cute, but when in doubt text a photo.
- Friendships don’t end with employment
- Women should be smart, fierce, fearless and supportive
From the beginning when I was her trainer through the end of today when she left smiling and waving, she has been an incredibly positive impact on me. The value of that can’t be measured in dollars or minutes or cups of coffee. Although I feel like it should be noted that we spent dollars shopping, spent minutes laughing and consumed a ridiculous amount of coffee.
Tonight I’m on the ferry headed home and I am so grateful for our time together. I’m grateful for the lessons you’ve taught me. I’m thankful that you let me learn leadership through you and that you reminded me to have fun, but stay fierce. You’re leaving this space, but not me. 🙂